Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Mary Wade volunteer. Once you complete the form, click in the submit button at the bottom. Please note Mary Wade requires volunteers to be a minimum of 14 years of age.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
In the section below please summarize and relevant skills and experience that exemplify your background, including other work experiences, patient care situations, computer/equipment skills, hobbies, or other special qualifications, capabilities or particular interests you may have.
Please indicate the days and times you are available to volunteer:
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
Please list 2 people, who are adults and not related to you, who know you well and can answer questions regarding your character and abilities. Please let these references know that we will be contacting them so that they can expect our call.
Mary Wade makes an investment in each person who comes into our facility to volunteer. Therefore it is important that each volunteer applicant understand and agree to the items listed below. Volunteer placement is contingent on acceptance into the program following successful completion of the interview and screening process. Please read each of the following bullet points. You must understand and agree to each point in order for your application to be reviewed. Failure to agree will discontinue your application
Statement of understanding:
1. Volunteers agree to commit to 50 hours of service, above the orientation time, within a six month period.
2. Volunteer service is provided to Mary Wade Home with no remuneration/compensation.
3. There is no association, either actual or implied between volunteer services and employment with Mary Wade Home.
4. The Volunteer Services Department agrees to write a letter stating hours served and whether or not the original commitment to Mary Wade Home has been fulfilled.
5. After the interview, the average time to complete the steps to becoming a volunteer is 3 to 4 weeks. I understand that if I fail to complete each step in a timely manner or if the time it takes to complete the steps exceed 6 weeks, the Volunteer services Department reserves the right to rescind the offer of placement in the Mary Wade Volunteer Program.
Mary Wade gratefully accepts donations for all services provided.
Be the difference and volunteer at Mary Wade.
Fill out the appropriate form for admission to the Mary Wade Home.
Dignity. Independence. Compassion. Well being.